Hasan Yahya on Benchmark Stages and Methodologies
Benchmarking is the process of comparing one’s business processes and performance metrics to industry or organization (schools, universities, etc.,) best practices from other comparable local, regional and international industries. Dimensions typically measured are quality, time and cost.
While there is no single benchmarking process that has been universally adopted, it is a wide appeal and acceptance of benchmarking methodologies. Kaiser Associates was the first to publish a book on benchmarking, it is a practical guide and offers a seven-step approach. However, Robert Camp (1989) developed a 12-stage methodology approach to benchmarking which is similar to research steps in social sciences with little emphasis on Business projects. But much of these items may be used in research projects. Especially Items, 1 , 2, 4, 5, 11, and 12. It consists of :
- Select subject
- Define the process
- Identify potential partners
- Identify data sources
- Collect data and select partners
- Determine the gap
- Establish process differences
- Target future performance
- Adjust goal
- Review and recalibrate
- Identify problem areas: Because benchmarking can be applied to any business process or function, a range of research techniques may be required.
- Identify other industries that have similar processes
- Identify organizations that are leaders in these areas looking for the very best in any industry and in any country
- Survey companies (or schools) for measures and practices according to SWOT model.
- Visit the “best practice” companies (schools) to identify leading edge practices
- Implement new and improved business (schools management) practices include identification of specific opportunities, funding the project and selling the ideas to the organization for the purpose of gaining demonstrated value from the process.
- Establish specific study and focus on project area
- Establish key measures and concepts
- Identify comparative institutions
- Collect qualitative or quantitative data
- Learn from the best
- Analyze trends, data, measures etc.,
- Identify practices that enable and hinder best performance, like limitations
- Document key findings and insights
- Discuss key findings at knowledge transfer session
- Publish recommendations and findings
Benchmark is an approach to build organizational credibility in schools, industries, departments, universities, etc.,
Benchmarking gives you a good look at yourself (or your organization) compared with similar identities and qualities to reach excellence.
Benchmarking can help identify andimprove managerial best practices.
It gives those who use benchmark models to focus on key areas to drive improvement.
Finally, Benchmarking provides a good look at what others are accomplishing in the field of innovation and excellence networks. For example, providing real data to school facility professionals you can help them to improve their methods and services.
In conclusion, for school administrators and teachers, practicing areas covered of Benchmark in schools may be used, for example:
- Student Outcomes in Curriculum and Competencies
- Student School Life in School Activities & Student Counseling and School Infrastructure.
- Student Citizenship, Parents and National Identity
- Student Equality, Student & School Assessment, Budgeting, Achievements. – AAE
For more on management, see Hasan Yahya book: Brief Management Theories & Applications–2012, English on Amazon.
Significance of Contingency Theory in Moderm Management – (English) Article on WordPress, April 2013.
Two minutes with Dr. Yahya: Project Management Theory and Practice… (English) Article on WordPress,2011
Usus al-Idarah wa Nathariyyatuha- Amazon- 2010 – Amazon – 2010 أسس الإدارة ونظرياتها بالعربية
يرجى التكرم بعد قراءة هذه المقالة إذا وافقت هوى في نفوسكم أن تخبروا أصدقاءكم عن طريق الموبايلات أو وسائل الإتصال الإلكترونية الأخرى لتعم الفائدة من المعلومات فيها، وشكرا لكم.
Note for readers: If you like this, please MOBILE it , or IPhone it to friends and love ones, THANK U.
Special Thanks to Female and male Principles and teachers in USA, Great Britain,and EU for selecting some of the author’s publications (55 stories 4 Kids , Qandil Umm Hashim, Hay bin Yaqzan-Ibn Tufail, Shu’ara al Arab: Zuhayr bin Abi Salma and Ibn Zaydun: Andalus Poet) bringing up our children in Diaspora. I appreciate. Thank you!
Hasan Yahya is an Arab-Palestinian-Jordanian-American theorist, sociologist, philosopher, writer and historian. He’s a former professor of Comparative Sociology and Educational Administration at Michigan State University, Lansing Community and Jackson Community Colleges. He is the Editor-in-Chief of the International Humanities Studies (IHS) Journal (Jerusalem-Based) and several other USA, journals. Dr. Yahya is the originator of Arab American Encyclopedia and Ihyaa al Turath al Arabi fil Mahjar-USA. His (330 plus) publication may be observed on Amazon and Kindle. To reach the writer: Email: email@example.com
Dr. Yahya Credentials: Ph.D in Comparative Socioloy 1991, Michigan State University. Ph.D in Educational Administration, Michigan State Univ.(1988). M.A Psychology of Schools Conflict Management, Michigan State Univ. 1983. Diploma M.A, Oriental Studies, St. Joseph Univ. Beirut, Lebanon. (1982) B.A Modern and Classical Arab Literature, (1976). Life Achievements: Publishing 330 plus Books on Amazon and 1000 plus articles on various topics.
You may like and follow the writer at:
Thank you All….God Bless
Hasan Yahya On Amazon